A Black Woman.
On the night of March 13, 26-year-old Breonna Taylor was awakened when the Louisville Metro Police entered her home with a no-knock warrant. Plainclothes officers Myles Cosgrove, Brett Hankison and Sergeant Jonathan Mattingly fired more than 20 bullets. Breonna Taylor was murdered in her bed.
While Breonna Taylor’s loved ones mourn her loss, the officers remain free.
The New York Liberty demand justice for Breonna Taylor.
To aid in the fight for Breonna Taylor and the several other black women victims of police violence, the New York Liberty will be donating $25,000 to the African American Policy Forum and the #SayHerName campaign. Launched in 2014, the #SayHerName campaign aims to “bring awareness to the often invisible names and stories of Black women and girls who have been victimized by racist police violence, and provides support to their families.”
JOIN US. TAKE ACTION.
For justice to be served for Breonna Taylor, we must hold the State of Kentucky, City of Louisville, its officials, and the officers accountable. Take these actions to make a difference.
- EMAIL or CALL Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer at 502.574.2003 and demand he fire the officers who murdered Breonna Taylor.
- EMAIL, TWEET, or CALL Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron at 502.696.5300 and demand he bring charges against the officers who murdered Breonna Taylor.
- CALL Interim Police Chief Robert Schroeder and Louisville Metro Police Department at 502.574.7111 to demand Officer Myles Cosgrove and Sergeant Jonathan Mattingly be fired. Administrative leave and the termination of Officer Brett Hankison are not enough.
- UNITE in the fight for justice to be served and be counted among the millions who stand for Breonna Taylor. SIGN the change.org petition today.
- DONATE to the African American Policy Forum and support intersectionality in action, the #SayHerName Campaign, and #SayHerName Emergency Fund to benefit mothers mourning daughters of police violence.
- TWEET and POST on social media to keep Breonna Taylor trending using #JusticeforBreonnaTaylor and #BreonnaTaylor.